Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Kickin' Stash" Quilt


 Bust out those scrap bins, "Kickin' Stash" pattern is here and now your scrap fabrics will have a quilt of their own.
 
This winter I signed on to be a block tester and quilt group block swap participant to help out talented quilt designer Beth Helfter.  I only needed to make four 12.5" blocks and with my crazy work schedule, that was very doable.  There were about 40 participants.  The test blocks were to be made up of fabric scraps in the same color family.  I have plenty and my color choice was purple.  I have to admit that I purchased 1/2 yard of cream background fabric as those scraps were non existent. 

Once all my pieces were cut and everything was set up, piecing was very easy, the instructions are very clear, and this pattern also lets you know which way to press your seam allowances (when it's late at night, I need to be told that).  I found it to be a great pattern.

The one thing I didn't do....TAKE PICTURES!  After I volunteered for this blog-a-long, I realized I had no pictures of the blocks I made.  However, I have pictures of the wonderful blocks that were returned to me.  So if you recognize your block please let me know which one was yours.  I would like to put your name on it along with the block swap info!






Below is the finished cover quilt and I am very happy to see my block made the cut (second row, second block)!  The link below the quilt will take you to the PatternSpot web page to purchase a download of this pattern.  For more great fun, stop by Beth's blog page Quilting Hottie Haven Blog!






Here are the links to the Blog-A-Long...

Monday 3/12 – Deb Donovan  www.aspenhill.wordpress.com
Tues 3/13 – Kelli Fannon  www.thatlookslikeitneedsstitches.blogspot.com
Wednesday 3/14 – Anna Dzik  www.westthirdstreetdesigns.blogspot.com
Thurs 3/15 – Marianne Nowacki  www.hillsidequiltworks.com
Friday 3/16 – Linda Pearl  www.thepatchworkpearl.blogspot.com
Saturday 3/17 – Terri Sontra  www.purplemoosedesigns.com/weblog



Here's to everyone having a Kickin' Stash Day!!


Anna Dzik
anna@westthirdstreetdesigns.com
www.WestThirdStreetDesigns.com
Quilt Patterns, Kona Bay Solid Colored Fabrics

1 comment:

  1. A Kickin' Stash day. You kill me. I love it. Thank you so much for your post - this is wonderful, and I apologize for not getting you photos of your blocks up close before doing the big switcheroo! Your first block came from Mary Beth Stevenson, but the others I can't recall!

    ReplyDelete