Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Hawaiian Quilt Show



This year I happened to be on the Big Island of Hawai'i at the right time.  There was a Hawaiian Quilt Show as part of the Waimea Cherry Blossom Heritage Festival.  The show was put on by Ka Hui Kapa Apana O Waimea.  All of these quilts are one of a kind and all done by hand.  In addition to local vendors, there was a how to Hawaiian Applique class, Hawaiian music, and Hula.  A very enjoyable experience.
Aloha and enjoy the show!






















I was also able to copy (for a nominal fee) a large Hawaiian Quilt Pattern.  I do enjoy hand applique and this will definately be on my to do list!


 Lilia is the pattern I chose.


 A little bit of help setting up.



Tracing away!


Mahalo to all who have stopped by to visit this blog!

Anna Dzik
 anna@westthirdstreetdesigns.com
 http://www.westthirdstreetdesigns.com/
Quilt Patterns, Kona Bay Solid Colored Fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment